Google
Web ourdoomblog.blogspot.com
Humor 
Blog Top Sites
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Google

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Trial by Liar


Rizgar Mohammed Amin, the chief of the judges at the trial for Saddam Hussein, asked him his name.

Saddam replied: "You know me. You are an Iraqi and you know who I am. Who are you? I want to know who you are. I did not hire you. I will not answer to this so-called court, with all due respect. The occupation is illegitimate. I maintain my position as president of Iraq and I have the right to remain silent about my identity."

Editorial by me: "Does Saddam not realize that he gave up who he was in the first
half of that sentence?"

Amin said: "Mr Saddam, we ask you only now to prove your full name, title and profession. Then you will be given a chance to talk."

Saddam continued ranting for about 10 minutes. Finally, Amin read his name for him, and referred to him as the "former" president.

Saddam angrily replied: "I said I'm the president of the republic of Iraq. I did not say deposed."

Amin, a Kurd, replied calmly: "You say what you say."

Amin then read them their rights and the charges. He followed that by asking how they each plead, starting with Saddam: "Mr. Saddam, go ahead. Are you guilty or innocent?"

Saddam was holding his copy of the Quran he brought with him the court, and replied faintly: "I said what I said. I am not guilty," referring to his arguments earlier in the session.

Amin read out the plea, "Innocent."

After a few hours of legal dancing, the case was adjourned until November 28.

Ahhh, the power of beauracracy!

Powered by:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home