Google
Web ourdoomblog.blogspot.com
Humor 
Blog Top Sites
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Google

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Just Alito Too Much For Me To Bare


Alright, I knew I would eventually find something upsetting about Alito, but this is pretty bad in my opinion:

From the News Tribune

WASHINGTON – The facts of the case were stunning: A 10-year-old was strip-searched in her home by police officers whose warrant authorized only the search of her father, a suspected drug dealer.

To the other judges who heard the case, the law seemed clearly on the girl’s side: The purpose of a warrant is to limit the scope of permissible searches.

But Supreme Court nominee Samuel Alito saw it differently. And his ruling opens a window onto one facet of his judicial philosophy.

Alito said the girl’s search, while unfortunate, was justified because supporting documents broadened the warrant’s sweep.

It was a technicality, he said, that the particulars were left out of the warrant itself, and that was no reason to punish good cops who were just doing their jobs.

He was the only judge hearing the case who thought the police acted properly.

Editorial by me: I believe the Nazis said it best:'I was only doing my job. I'm a good person.'

Powered by:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home